About .ms Domains
Nic.ms is the sponsor and Key Systems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ms extension that represents Montserrat.
Who can register .ms domains?
Anyone can register a .ms domain.
At registration, the administrative and registrant contacts will receive two emails: a welcome message and an activation email.
The activation email has a link that one of the contacts must click on within 21 days to accept the TLD Registrant Agreement, AUP policy, and confirm the domain name contact information.
The new .ms domain name will not be activated and will remain in "processing" for 21 days, until confirmed by clicking the link. If not activated within 21 days, the domain name will be suspended, then deleted, and refunded.
When registering a .ms domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name) or consecutive
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Supported/Not supported
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Your .ms domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired GoDaddy domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .ms domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- Status 8 - Charge a Miscellaneous Fee for the cost of the renewal fee, plus the $75.00 redemption fee. Then, in the CRM, submit an escalation to CCTLD - Reactivate Domain Request. If the domain is no longer available for redemption, the fees will be refunded.
- Status 64 - The customer already submitted a restore request and the DRI Advanced Support ccTLD Team is processing it.
- Status 77 - The domain should be renewed via DCC and will include a renewal fee, plus $55.00 redemption fee.
- Status 83 - The domain should be renewed via DCC and will include a renewal fee.
- Status 149 - The domain should be renewed via DCC and will include a renewal fee, plus $75.00 redemption fee.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- The registration does not extend a year.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When the domain name is moved, the registrant first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .ms domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Once a change of registrant is completed, the administrative and registrant contacts will receive two emails: a welcome message and an activation email. The activation email has a link that one of the contacts must click on within 21 days to accept the AUP policy and confirm the domain name contact information.
- If the domain name is not activated within 21 days, the domain name will be suspended and forwarded to a parked page until it has been confirmed by clicking on the link.
- Must use: 2-2 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
Internal Only Content
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .ms domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.