Access and release quarantined emails using Advanced Email Security
With the Advanced Email Security add-on, end users and org admins can search for and release quarantined emails in Proofpoint.
- Sign in to Advanced Email Security.
- Select Log Search.
- Select Specific User, then select the email address that has quarantined messages.
- Choose the Type and Date, and select Quarantined for the Status.
- Select Search. This returns a list of quarantined messages for that user within the filters you specified.
- Select the check box to the left of the message that you want to release from quarantine.
- From Actions, choose how you want to handle the message:
- Release from Quarantine: Release the message.
- Release and Approve: Release the message and identify the sender as safe.
- Report as false positive: Identify email activity that shouldn't be filtered as spam.
- Report as false negative: Identify a message as spam that was incorrectly seen as a regular email.
- Select Apply.
It can take up to 24 hours for an email released from quarantine to appear in the user's inbox.
Note: If an error occurs, wait five minutes and try again.
- To change who can release quarantined emails, edit your spam settings.
- Here are ways you can customize Advanced Email Security.