Add a payment method to my GoDaddy account
Here's how to add a checking account or a credit, debit, gift or prepaid card to your GoDaddy account for buying or renewing products.
Add a payment method by contacting a GoDaddy Guide.
- Go to your GoDaddy Payment Methods page. If you're not already logged in, you'll be prompted to log in.
- Click Add Payment Method.
- Select Credit/Debit/Prepaid Card, Checking Account or Gift Card.
- Complete the fields (some are required) and click Continue.
If you see the message "Oops. You missed some required information," it means you only have a trial, or an expired product or service in your account. To keep your financial information safe, we only store payment methods if you have a paid product or service (we don’t need your payment info if we’re not charging you, right?). Here’s what you can do:
- Purchase a new product, upgrade from your free trial, or renew an expired product.
- In your cart, select Add payment.
- Complete the fields (some are required) and select Use as backup payment method for this account.
- Click Save. Your card is now added to your account.
- To use your new payment method for your products, you’ll need to change your primary payment method.
- Don’t accidentally let your domain or website expire. Set a backup payment method in case the primary method doesn't work.