Add a subdomain that points to a server name
Looks like you're not logged in. If you log in above (under ), we can save you a couple of steps.
- Go to the DNS Management page.
- On the DNS Management page, at the bottom of the Records list, click Add and select CNAME from the Type drop-down menu.
- Complete the following fields:
- Host - Enter the subdomain name for the alias assignment. For example, type www.
- Points to - Enter the host name you want the alias to point to. For example, type @ to map the alias directly to your domain name.
- Select how long the server should cache the information from the second menu. This is called TTL (Time to Live).
- Click Save.
- The new subdomain displays in the CNAME (Alias) section.
Note: DNS can take up to 48 hours to propagate.