Add a video to my WordPress post or page
You can add a video to your WordPress site by adding a video block to posts or pages. You can choose to upload a video from your local computer, from your WordPress Media Library or one hosted on another website by providing the URL to the video.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left side-menu, select Posts or Pages.
- Hover over the post or page you want to edit and then select Edit.
- At the upper-left corner, select Toggle block inserter.
- On the left-side menu, under Media, select Video. The video block will be added to the bottom of the post or page.
- Choose how you want to add the video:
- Upload: Select media stored on your own computer.
- Media Library: Add a video previously uploaded to Media Library.
- Insert from URL: Paste the URL of a video that is already hosted online (for example from YouTube or Vimeo) and then select Apply.
- (Optional) Select the video block and then select and hold Drag to move it around the post or page.
- Select Update.
After you see the Page updated notification at the lower-left corner, the video is successfully added to your site.
- Discover more about the block editor for WordPress in their support documentation.
- Here's an expert video creation advice from a GoDaddy Guide.