Add DNS hosting
DNS hosting lets you manage DNS in your GoDaddy account for domains that aren't registered with GoDaddy. After you add DNS hosting for your domain, we'll create a zone file in your GoDaddy account where you can add, edit, and delete DNS records. You'll need to update the nameservers on your domain where it's registered to activate the zone file we'll create for you.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- From the side menu, select Services and then select DNS Hosting.
- Type your domain in the Domain Name field, then select Next.
- Assign the provided nameservers to your domain name through your domain registrar.
- The zone file for your domain will not be active in your GoDaddy account until after you've updated your nameservers where your domain is registered.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Don't forget to change your nameservers to the set we provided.
- View and edit DNS for your domain at any time.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.
- Protect your domain from accidental expiration and unauthorized actions by adding or upgrading Domain Protection.