Edit an AAAA record
Edit your AAAA records in your DNS zone file if you need to make changes to the current settings. AAAA records point to 128 bit/IPv6 addresses, which are represented as eight groups of four hexadecimal digits.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS under Additional Settings.
- Select Edit next to the AAAA record you're editing.
- Edit the details for your AAAA record:
- Name: The host name for the record. Type @ to put the AAAA record on your root domain, or enter a prefix, like mail.
- Value: The IPv6 for your record. Typically, this will be the IP address of your hosting account. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234 is a valid IPv6 address.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Save to complete your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.