Change or delete my multi-factor authentication method
After adding a multi-factor authentication (MFA) sign-in method, you can delete it or change which one is used as your default. In case you lose your device, we recommend always having at least 2 methods set up.
- Go to your Security info page. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- If you have a sign-in method (like the Microsoft Authenticator app or your phone number), use it to verify your identity.
Change your default sign-in method
- Next to Default sign-in method, select either Change or Set a default sign-in method, depending on what you see.
- Choose your preferred sign-in method, and then select Confirm. You'll see a confirmation that your default sign-in method was changed.
If you don't have a default sign-in method set up, you'll see Set a default sign-in method instead. Follow the steps to set up a sign-in method.
Delete a sign-in method
- Next to the method you'd like to remove, select Delete.
- To confirm your decision, select Ok. You'll see a confirmation that the sign-in method was deleted. If you don't have any other methods set up, add a new one.
- Set up my multi-factor authentication method
- If you ever lose access to your device, an admin can reset your MFA sign-in method.
- If you're trying to manage your GoDaddy account, you can change the number for 2-step verification.