Change the domain on my Managed WordPress website
You can change the domain name of your Managed WordPress account.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, select Manage All.
- For the website you want to change the domain on, select Settings from the menu.
- In the Domains section, select Add.
- From the menu, select New primary domain.
- In the field provided under New primary domain or subdomain:, fill in the domain you want to use.
- Select Add Domain.
- Verify the domain is correct, then select Yes, help me connect it.
- If you're using a domain that is registered in another GoDaddy customer account select Continue to GoDaddy and log in to the account when asked. Follow the instructions in the wizard to finish connecting your domain.
Note: It can take up to 24-48 hours for any DNS changes to take effect.
- When you're ready to update the domain's DNS settings, you can locate your IP address in View my IP address.
- If the domain you want to use is in use by another hosting account, including any subdomains, you need to remove it from that account first.(cPanel / Plesk / Managed WordPress).
- You can manually enter a domain that is not in your GoDaddy account by updating the A record for that domain to point it to your Managed WordPress IP Address.
- If you have a SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, uninstall it before you change your primary hosted domain. For more information, see Revoke a certificate.