Change the hostname for my Gen 4 server
Here's how to change the hostname for your Generation 4 VPS or Dedicated Server.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Servers, and next to the Generation 4 server you want to rename, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, at the top of the page select Settings.
- In the Server section, next to Hostname, click Change.
- Enter the new hostname in the Server Hostname field, and then click Save. The hostname must meet the requirements before you can save it. After you save the changes, the new hostname appears in the Settings section.
Note: If you're using Plesk with Windows, you need to restart the server before the new hostname appears in Plesk.