Change the layout of a page or post in WordPress
There are times when a theme's layout doesn't meet the needs of your page or post, such as when an image or text box would look better shifted to the left or the right. As of WordPress 4.7, you can modify the theme’s CSS in WordPress as follows.
Note: Making CSS changes is tied to the specific theme you are using. If you change your theme, your custom CSS changes will no longer be active.
- Log in to WordPress
- On the left sidebard, click the Appearance menu.
- Select Customize.
- From the menu select Additional CSS.
- The menu is replaced with the custom CSS edit field where you can add your CSS changes.
Note: These changes take effect immediately in the Customize interface once they are entered.
- Once you have finished customizing the CSS click on the Publish button to make your changes live.
For detailed information on WordPress generated CSS classes, review the WordPress.org Codex: CSS.
- Return to Change a page element in WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WordPress Premium Support Catalog