Change who can comment on my WordPress site
Within your WordPress dashboard, you can specify who can comment on your posts and pages to prevent spam comments.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Settings > Discussion.
- In the Other comment settings section, select or unselect the box next to the following options to enable or disable them:
- Comment author must fill out name and email.
- Users must be registered and logged in to comment.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save Changes.
When enabled, these options will prevent spambots and unregistered users from leaving random comments on your site.
- Change comment approval settings in WordPress
- Set up a comment blocklist in WordPress
- Change the number of links allowed in a WordPress comment
- If you don't want to deal with spam comments yourself, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.