Change your account's domain
Changing the primary domain name on a hosting account lets you change the domain name associated with account's Web root directory.
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you already added the domain name you want to use as an Alias or Addon domain, you need to remove it first (Web & Classic / cPanel / Plesk).
- Remove any subdomains of your primary domain name before you can change it (Web & Classic / cPanel / Plesk / Managed WordPress).
- If you have an SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, you cannot change your primary hosted domain name without revoking your SSL. For more information, see Revoke a certificate.
- WordPress® installations can break when you change your primary domain. If they do, see the instructions on WordPress's site.
Change your hosting account domain
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Under the account whose domain you want to change, click Settings.
- Select or enter the domain you want to use, and then click Change Domain.