Compressing Files in Online Storage
By compressing or zipping files in Online Storage, you can minimize the amount of storage space that your files use. You also minimize the size of outgoing email message attachments or files you are downloading.
Note: Compressed files are stored with a .zip extension.
To Compress Files
- Log in to Online Storage.
- Locate and select the files you want to compress.
Note: Select multiple files by pressing and holding the CTRL key, and then clicking individual file names you want to select.
- Right-click the file, and then select Zip/Compress.
- In the Zip Files window, complete the following:
- Save Zip archive as:
- Enter a name for the compressed files.
- Select this option to download the compressed files immediately.
- Save in Online Storage
- Select this option to save the compressed files in Online Storage.
- Send as email attachment
- Select this option to email the compressed files.
- Enter the email address of the persons to whom you want to send the file.
- Enter a subject line for the email message.
- Enter any comments or message that you want to include in the email message.
- Click OK.