Connect an external domain to my Websites + Marketing or Version 7 site
From time to time, our hosting servers receive updates to help improve your site’s security and performance. If your domain is registered with a different company, we can’t always finish that process without your help. You’ll need to sign into the provider where your domain is registered and manually update your DNS settings — here’s how:
- Open the provider’s website where your domain name is registered.
- Follow the provider’s instructions to where you can update your DNS (Domain Name System) records.
- Use the following values to update the A record's @ value and TTL, and the CNAME's www value and TTL:
- Type: A @ value: 22.214.171.124 TTL: 3600 (1 hour)
- Type: CNAME www value: (Your domain name goes here without www in front. For example: mycoolsite.com) TTL: 3600 (1 hour)
- Verify the values are correct and save or update.
After you’ve made changes to your DNS records, be patient. It can take anywhere from a few minutes up to 72 hours for the changes to go through and for your domain to begin redirecting to your GoDaddy site.