Connect my site to a domain in my account
Connect your site to a domain you already own and that's in the same GoDaddy account as your site.
Other options include:
- Buy and connect a new domain that you don’t own yet.
- Connect your website to an external domain with another provider or in a different GoDaddy account.
Note: The cost of hosting your website is separate from the cost of your domain. If you're on a free trial, you'll need to sign up for a paid plan. Compare plans and pricing.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select Settings.
- Next to your domain name, select Manage.
- If asked, select I already own a domain.
- Select Choose a domain or Change my domain.
- Select the domain you want from the list or enter your domain and extension without www in front. For example, enter mycoolsite.com not www.mycoolsite.com.
- Select Continue.
- Check the domain is correct and it's the selected option. Then select Save & Publish or Save. Your changes won't be visible to other people until you publish.
Connecting to your GoDaddy domain usually takes a few minutes but can take up to 72 hours.