cPanel/WHM: Generate CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
Follow the below instructions to generate a CSR for your website. When you have completed generating your CSR, cut/copy and paste it into the CSR field on the SSL certificate-request page.
To Generate and Submit the Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Open WebHost Manager.
- In SSL/TLS, click Generate an SSL Certificate Signing Request.
- Enter the requested company information:
- Email — Your/Your company's e-mail address.
- Password — The password for the certificate.
- Host to make cert for — The Common Name is the fully-qualified domain name or URL for which you plan to use your certificate, i.e., the area of your site you wish customers to connect to using SSL. For example, an SSL certificate issued for www.coolexample.com will not be valid for secure.coolexample.com. If the Web address to be used for SSL is secure.yourcompanyname.com, ensure that the common name submitted in the CSR is secure.yourcompanyname.com.
Note: If you are requesting a Wildcard certificate, please add an asterisk (*) on the left side of the Common Name. For example, *.coolexample.com or *.coolexample.com. This will secure all subdomains of the Common Name.
- City — Name of the city in which your organization is registered/located. Please spell out the name of the city. Do not abbreviate.
- State — Name of state or province where your organization is located. Please enter the full name. Do not abbreviate.
- Country — The two-letter International Organization for Standardization- (ISO-) format country code for the country in which your organization is legally registered.
- Company Name — The name under which your business is legally registered. The listed organization must be the legal registrant of the domain name in the certificate request. If you are enrolling as an individual, please enter the certificate requestor's name in the Organization field, and the DBA (doing business as) name in the Organizational Unit ("Company Division") field.
- Company Division — Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization. For example, "Engineering" or "Human Resources." If applicable, you may enter the DBA (doing business as) name in this field.
- Key Size — Select 2,048 bits
- Click Create.
- Copy/paste the generated CSR into our online enrollment form.