Create a backup snapshot on demand
Once your backup settings have been configured, you can submit a backup snapshot on demand at any time. This can be used to capture a specific instance of your website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the account you want to manage, select Manage.
- Under Backups, select Details.
- In the upper right, select Backup now.
- When the dialog box opens, give your backup a unique name, and then select OK.
- The website backup progress will display on the left, next to your domain name, with a percentage indicator. The timeframe for completion will vary based upon the size of the website.
- Upon completion, you can choose a backup by selecting a date in the calendar, and then selecting any backup from the list on that appears on the right.
Backups are retained for 45 days.