Delete custom hostnames
Existing hostnames you're no longer using can be deleted from the DNS zone file of domains registered with GoDaddy. Hostnames are always assigned to an IP address and the maximum number of hostnames a domain can have is determined by the registry of the domain extension.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select an individual domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Hostnames to view your hostnames.
- Select Delete next to the hostname you need to delete.
- You can't delete hostnames that are currently in use as a nameserver on another domain. You'll need to change the nameservers first, then delete the hostname.
- Confirm deletion by selecting Delete again.
- Add a new hostname to your domain at any time.
- Change the nameservers on domains registered with GoDaddy to use your updated hostnames.