Delete DNS records
If you no longer need a DNS record on your domain, you can delete it from your DNS zone file at any time. Deleting records will completely remove them from your zone file and they can't be recovered. Make sure you double check your settings before deleting records, and consider copying existing record details before deleting them.
Deleting DNS records could cause connected services, like your website or email address, to stop working properly.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see Edit DNS.
- Select the checkboxes next to the DNS records you need to delete and then select Delete.
- To delete a single DNS record, select Delete next to the specific record you'll be deleting.
- Select Delete Records to confirm deletion of the selected DNS records.
We'll delete the DNS records from your zone file immediately. Most DNS changes take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Create a template to quickly apply DNS records to your domains.
- Keep your domains organized with folders and profiles.