Downgrade my domain protection
Downgrade your domain protection to remove the extra security on your domain. Downgrading your domain protection will remove the additional security against hijackers and failed renewals. Your contact details will still be substituted with proxy details from our privacy service provider, Domains By Proxy® at the Registry and on the GoDaddy WHOIS directory.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you'll be downgrading. Or, select the check mark icon and Select All.
- Select Ownership > Downgrade Domain Protection.
- Review the downgrade options available and choose your preferred plan.
- Select Confirm.
- Check the box next to Yes, I consent to remove my Domain Protection for the selected domain(s) then select Continue.
- Verify your identity. We'll send the verification code via SMS or an authenticator app if you've had 2-step verification (2SV) enabled for at least 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password and we'll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
- Enter your verification code and select Verify.
You'll see a Success confirmation once your changes have been accepted. It can take up to 90 minutes for these changes to take effect.
- Change your WHOIS visibility settings to expose the personal contact details on your domain.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.