Error: Check your MX records and try again
You've followed the instructions to set up Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy on an external domain, and now you're getting the message Check your MX records and try again, or not receiving email after 48 hours. You may need to delete some old DNS records that are no longer needed.
- Sign in to the external domain account where you are setting up Microsoft 365.
- Follow the instructions for adding DNS records to your external domain.
- Delete any MX records that aren't part of the Microsoft 365 setup instructions, such as the mailshare1 and smtp records.
- Delete any autodisc SRV records.
- Delete any secureserver.net TXT records.
- Save your changes.
It can take up to 24 hours for these changes to go into effect. Sign back in to the GoDaddy account where you're setting up Microsoft 365 and see if your new email accounts are working. If not, please call Support.
- View more Outlook troubleshooting.