Export or import a set of rules in Outlook for Windows
After setting up a new profile or changing devices, export or import rules for Outlook. Imported rules are added to your existing set of rules, and you can only import one set of rules at a time.
- Open Outlook.
- In the upper-left corner, select File.
- Select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Select Options.
Export rules from Outlook
- Select Export Rules.
- Enter a name for your file.
- Next to Save as type, select Rules Wizard rules.
- Select Save, and then select OK. Your rules will be saved as a Rules Wizard rules (or .rwz) file.
Import rules to Outlook
- Select Import Rules.
- Select the .rwz file that contains the rules you want to import.
- Select Open.
- Select OK, and then select Apply.
- If you need to apply your rules to the existing items in your folders, select Run Rules Now.