Fix mixed content errors in WordPress
If you recently installed an SSL certificate and some images are not being displayed properly since your WordPress site is loading on HTTPS, it may be caused by mixed content errors. Here's how to fix the issue using the Really Simple SSL plugin.
Note: You can also fix the issue by editing the .htaccess file in Linux or web.config file in Windows hosting.
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- In the left-side menu, select Settings and then select SSL.
- Select Go ahead, activate SSL!
- Check your site to make sure your images display properly. If the images are still missing, scroll down and, in the Settings section of your page, enable the Fire mixed content fixer with different method option and then select Save.
Mixed content errors should be resolved now, and images should be loading properly.
- Really Simple SSL is a third-party plugin, so please check out the developer's knowledge base and support forum for more information.
- Troubleshooting WordPress
- If you don't want to fix this issue yourself, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.