Forward my domain
Domain forwarding (sometimes called connecting, pointing or redirecting) lets you automatically direct your domain's visitors to a different location on the web. If your domain is registered with GoDaddy and you use our nameservers, you can forward your GoDaddy domain to a site you've created with Wix, Wordpress or any other URL.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select the option below that matches what you see next to your domain name:
- On the Domains Settings page, next to your domain, select Use My Domain.
- Select Connect under Connect to an existing site.
- Choose an option for connecting your domain:
- A domain you own — select a domain from your account from the drop down options
- Websites — i.e., Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, WordPress, etc.
- Social Sites — i.e., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Online Stores — i.e., Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, Shopify, etc.
- Media Sites — i.e., Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Forward To Any Site — Enter the URL of your choosing
- Follow the instructions on screen to connect your domain.
- Select Next or Connect, depending on the option you selected above.
- Review your connection details, then select Finish.
You can watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
Show me how
- On the Domain Settings page, scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- Scroll down to the Forwarding section.
- Click Add next to Domain or Subdomain to set up forwarding.
Note: A subdomain can be a maximum of 25 characters long.
- Under Forward to, select http:// or https:// for the destination URL.
- In the blank field under Forward to, enter the destination URL you want to redirect your domain or subdomain to.
- First and last characters must be a number or letter
- Periods (.) are supported
- Maximum of 1000 characters
- Consecutive periods (…) are not supported
- Underscores (_) are not supported
- Under Forward type, select 301 or 302 redirect.
- Select your forwarding Settings to determine how your redirect will function:
- Forward only: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and the destination URL will show in the browser address bar.
- Forward with masking: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and your domain name will show in the browser address bar instead of the destination URL. Enter your details for at least one of the Meta Tag types:
Field What to enter Title
- A short phrase that displays on the browser tab and in search results
- Maximum of 80 characters
- A short description of your website to display in search engine results
- Maximum of 150 characters
- A list of keywords that describes the content and purpose of your website
- Separate each keyword with a comma
- Maximum of 500 characters
- Check Update my DNS setting to support this change to automatically update your DNS to accommodate your forwarding changes.
- Click Save.
Note: Please allow up to 24 - 48 hours for all changes to take full effect.
- If you want the www version of your domain name to forward as well, make sure your www CNAME is pointing to @.