How to gain access to domains/accounts as a minor
If you are listed as the account holder or domain name registrant and are under 18 years of age, we will need your parent/guardian to take responsibility for the account. Your parent/guardian can do this easily by updating the account and/or domain registration details to their name and agreeing to our agreements during the update process. Our Customer Care staff will gladly walk your parents through the needed changes or they can complete the changes online by following the instructions in these articles:Update my GoDaddy account profile
Edit my domain contact info
If you cannot access the account to allow your parent/guardian to make the updates then your parent/guardian will need to make the request online at changeupdate.com.
The following is a list of required documentation to complete the request:
- The online request form must be completed by the parent/guardian.
- We require a color copy, scan, or digital picture of a government-issued photo ID for the parent/guardian. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Driver's license
- Military ID
- A copy of a government-issued business license (local, county, state, or federal agency)
- Tax certificate (number alone is not acceptable)
- Doing Business As (DBA) documentation
- Fictitious Name documentation
- IRS 501(C)3 Determination Letter
- State-issues certificate of tax exemption that proves charitable status
- EIN/TIN verification letter (IRS Letter 147C). You may request a copy of this letter by contacting the IRS at (800) 829-4933
Note: We cannot accept copies of articles of incorporation/organization, applications, documents printed from the internet, or tax returns as business ID. This process is used to ensure that no unauthorized changes are made to our customers' accounts. These procedures are in place for your protection.
Once this documentation is received we will inform you of what is needed to process your request, or we will let you know that your request has been completed.