IIS 7: Renew a certificate
Renewing an SSL certificate is similar to requesting a new certificate. You can use the overview below to help you through the process.
These instructions apply to an SSL certificates hosted on third-party servers, dedicated servers, or virtual dedicated servers. If you use our Web hosting, grid hosting, Website Builder, Quick Shopping Cart®, or Professional Web Services team, see Renewing my SSL Certificate instead.
To Renew an SSL Certificate - Microsoft IIS 7.x
- Request a renewal in your account.
- If you select Use previous CSR in our online request form, you might need to re-key your certificate before downloading and installing the certificate files.
- If you want to enter a new Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in our online request form, see IIS 7: Generate CSRs (Certificate Signing Requests).
- After your certificate renewal request is approved, download the certificate bundle from your account. You can also download the intermediate certificates from the repository.
- Install the SSL certificate.
As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.