Import orders to my WooCommerce store
Migrating orders from another platform or shop to your new one is an important step for your shop to continue working. This guide will walk you through importing your orders using the WooCommerce Customer/Order/Coupon CSV Import Suite plugin.
- Sign into WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and select CSV Import Suite.
- Select the Import Orders button.
- Your next step will be to choose how you would like to import your orders. The most common one is CSV or tab-delimited text file but you can also use a URL or path to a file on a server, as well as directly copy the data from another file. In this guide, we'll be using the 1st option.
- You'll need to choose the file from your computer by clicking on the Choose file button.
Note: Make sure you've formatted your file before uploading it. You can use this link to find out more about the accepted order data.
- Click Next after you've chosen your file.
- On the next page, you'll find options to help you with the import. These options aren't necessary for the import to complete, but if you want to use any of them, please do so, we strongly recommend taking the time to go through our documentation here to understsand how they will affect your import.
- Refer to the Preview section to confirm that the data format is correct, then click Next.
- Map your file's column headers to WooCommerce fields. To avoid any problems during the import, double check that the fields are mapped to the correct headers.
- Select the Dry Import button when you're ready.
Note: You can skip the dry import if you wish. Please note, however, that the live import is final. Due to this, any changes to your shop cannot be reversed after import. Before running the live import, we recommend running the dry import first.
- When the dry import is done, you'll see the results on the next page. If you notice any issues, you can click on the View detailed results button for more information. If everything is looking as expected, you can then click on the Run a live import now button at the top of the page or change your settings by clicking on the Change import settings and start again.
- There may be a delay depending on how many customers you are trying to import. Imports on your site are processed in batches in the background, so you can safely leave the page.
- Verify that the process has been completed by visiting WooCommerce and clicking on Orders.
Note: Since orders can be linked to your customers, you must import the customer information first.
- WooCommerce Customer/Order/Coupon CSV Import Suite best practices
- Find out more about troubleshooting