Installing ionCube (Web & Classic Hosting)
ionCube lets you protect your website's PHP code from being viewed and ran on unlicensed computers. If you'd like to use it, you can install it on your shared hosting account.
Before installing ionCube, you must:
Note: If you want to use ionCube with a secondary domain name, you must reference the root of the hosting account, where both ionCube and the PHP initialization file are located.
- Download the compressed Linux (64 bits) binary file from ionCube's site. We recommend using the ZIP file.
- Upload the compressed file to your hosting account (Web & Classic).
- Unarchive the compressed file in your hosting account (Web & Classic).
Note: Unarchiving the compressed file creates the necessary
- Add the following as the first line of script of your PHP initialization file to reference the absolute path to the ionCube Loader:
Note: If your account does not have a PHP initialization file, you must create one (Web & Classic).
- If you are using cPanel hosting, you can follow these steps to install ionCube Loader.