Make the WordPress version private
|Verify WordPress is up-to-date||Make the WordPress version private|
|Block PHP in directories||Remove WordPress readme file|
|Enable DISSALLOW_FILE_EDIT in WordPress|
If someone knows what version of WordPress you are running, they may know exactly what vulnerabilities your site has. It is important to keep your version private in the event you do not update to the latest version right when it comes out.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Sucuri Security > Settings.
- Click on the Hardening tab.
- Find the section labled Remove WordPress Version.
- If the section is red, click on the Apply Hardening button.
You have now prevented your WordPress version from being viewed publicly.
- Return to Install and set up Sucuri security plugin in WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.