Move my WordPress site to a different directory in Web & Classic Hosting
What if you installed WordPress® in the wrong directory? Don't worry — it happens all the time. If you installed it through your hosting account's control panel, follow these steps to move WordPress to the correct location.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Stats & Usage column, click Applications.
- Under My Applications, click Manage.
- Under the WordPress account you want to manage, click Actions, and then select Move.
- To move WordPress to the root of your domain, select Use root of my domain (suggested). Otherwise, click Custom directory and enter a destination folder for your site.
Note: This root directory of your hosting account is just a fancy way of saying "the directory visitors see when they go to your main domain name."
If you have issues with your site's permalinks after completing these steps, see Fixing Permalink Issues with WordPress.
If you want to move your WordPress site to a different hosting account, see Moving Large WordPress Sites to GoDaddy.