Optimize WordPress images
An image optimizing plugin can help reduce the size of the images on your site, often without impacting the quality of the images. This can help reduce the size of your site, and speed up the load time as well. When installing a new plugin it is always recommended to find a plugin that is regularly updated.
- Log into WordPress
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type "image optimizer" in the 'Search plugins' box.
- Locate a plugin that interests you, and click More Details to learn more about it.
- After locating the plugin you prefer, click Install Now.
- Click Activate if you wish to enable it immediately.
Note: EWWW Image Optimizer is an example of a plugin that can reduce the size of your images.
Once installed the new image optimizing plugin should have its own section in the left-hand menu. Locate this menu to begin using your new plugin.
- Install a WordPress plugin with FTP
- Return to Optimize images in WordPress
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.