Outlook Setup Assistant (Windows): Set up email automatically
We've created an Outlook Setup Assistant tool to set up your email in Outlook, automatically. This creates a new Outlook profile with your Office 365 address, and makes it the default. If you already had a profile, it is still available, and you can manage your profiles in Outlook.
The Outlook Assistant tool will only work on Windows, and Outlook 2007 or later.
- Download the Outlook Setup Assistant tool.
- Open the downloaded file, called Outlook_Setup_Assistant_installation.exe and click Run.
- Click Install.
- Enter your Office 365 email address and password, and click Next.
- Enter your same Office 365 login credentials in the dialog box that appears, and click OK.
Outlook may open in the background; please wait on the Outlook Setup Assistant window until you see the Success!... screen.
- Check the box that says Automatically remove the Outlook Setup app on close (uninstall), and click Close.
- On the Installation window in the background, click Close.
Your Outlook should be all set and ready to use. Try to send a test email, just to be sure everything is working!
- If the automatic setup didn't work, please try to manually configure Outlook.