Regain access to my domain or my account
If you cannot access the email address associated with your account and cannot verify the information required for our customer support department to assist you, you can submit a Request for Change of Account/Email Update Form to request an update. Along with the form, we also require:
- Photo ID — A color copy of a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, military ID, or passport (signature must be included).
- Business ID — If the domain is registered to a business, we also need valid business identification, such as:
- Business license
- Tax certificate
- Doing Business As documentation
- Fictitious Name documentation
- IRS 501(C)3 "Determined Letter"
- Government-issued certificate of tax exemption that proves charitable status
- EIN/TIN verification letter (IRS Letter 147C)
Note: If you have access to the email address associated with your account, but cannot log in, see Reset my GoDaddy password.
- Visit changeupdate.com and click Get Started.
- Enter in the name of the domain you want to access (do not include the www when you enter your domain name) and click Next.
- Enter your contact information and click Next.
- To upload your photo or business ID, select Upload files now and click Browse, and click Open on the appropriate files.
- Enter the access code, and then click Submit Request.
We will contact you with more information within 3 days of receiving your photo ID and/or business ID.
Note: If you don't have a domain name and you need assistance with gaining access to your account, please reach out to our 24/7 Customer Care team for assistance.