Remove database tables
You can remove, or drop, existing tables from a database. This is usually recommended before importing a new database or restoring a backup.
- Log into phpMyAdmin (cPanel
/ Web & Classic
/ Managed WordPress).
Note: In cPanel Hosting you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.
- You should see a list of all your database tables.
- Check the Check All box.
- From the drop down next to the Check All box, select Drop.
Click Yes, when prompted with "Do you really want to execute the following query?"
- Click Yes to drop the tables.
Note: You can drop specific tables by checking individual boxes next to the table names.
- Return to Database find and replace.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.