Restore my Gen 4 VPS from a backup
You can restore your Generation 4 VPS from a manual or automatic backup at any time.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, select Servers.
- Next to the Generation 4 VPS you want to restore, select Manage.
- In the top left corner of the account Dashboard, select Backups.
- In the On Demand or Automatic section, find the backup you want to use, and then select Restore.
Note: The On-Demand shows your manual backups (if you have any), and the Automatic section shows automatic backups we've made for you.
- Read the explanation so you can be sure this is what you want, as you will lose any unsaved data not included in your backup.
- Select the Restore button. We'll restore your server using the backup file. This may take a few minutes, and when we're done you'll be in the settings page for the restored server.
- Here's how to manually back up the server anytime.