Send emails when a WooCommerce order status changes
Informing your customers and staff when an order status changes on your WooCommerce store is a great way to keep everyone in the loop. In this article, we'll show you how to automatically send email notifications for changes in an order status.
As this WooCommerce feature requires an additional extension, install and activate the Order Status Manager extension on your WooCommerce site.
Required: WooCommerce Order Status Manager is a premium WooCommerce extension included with Managed WordPress Ecommerce, Managed WooCommerce Stores or as a standalone purchase.
- Sign in to WordPress
- On the left side menu, go to WooCommerce and select Settings.
- Under the Order Statuses tab, select the Emails link to access the order status notification settings.
- This page displays a list of order status emails that have already been configured. Select the Add Order Status Email button to add a new order status email.
- Fill in the Name field with a name that describes it.
- Use the Type field to determine if the email will be sent to the store's admin email or the customer.
- (Optional) Include a Description of the status change.
- Select the Add Condition button to define when the email should be sent.
- Use the From Status and To Status fields to set the condition that will trigger the status change email.
Note: Multiple conditions can be added by using the Add Condition button to include additional conditions.
- Select Save Email.