Set up domain backorders
Placing a domain backorder is a useful method for acquiring a domain that's already registered.
- Go to your GoDaddy My Products page. You might be prompted to sign in.
- Scroll down and select Domain Products and then select Manage next to Domain Backorder.
- Select Add Backorders.
- Select Public for the backorder type.
- Select I have read and agree to ... , then select Next.
- Enter the domains you want to backorder (one per line), then select Next.
- Enter your email address, then select Next.
- Email address 1: Enter the email address you want us to send status-change notifications to.
- (Optional) Email address 2: Enter the secondary email address you want us to send status-change notifications to.
- Edit your contact information if necessary, then select Next.
- Select the number of credits you want to apply from the Number of credits to use list, then select Next.
- If you don't have enough credits, you'll be taken to the shopping cart to purchase more credits.
- Set up domain monitoring
- What happens after I backorder a domain?
- If the backorder is not successful, you can apply the backorder credit to another domain name.