Set up your payment processor
Step 3 of the moving a store to Websites + Marketing series
One of the most important parts of running a store is getting paid. When it comes to payment processors, you’ve got a few options. It’s a good idea to think through what you want for your business. For example, do you want to accept payments in person? If so, the Smart Terminal and Card Reader hardware make Godaddy Payments a great option.
- GoDaddy Payments is a secure payment gateway with low transaction fees that lets you accept major credit cards in your store. If you want to expand to in-person sales, purchase a POS device that suits your needs (physical store or on-the-go) and manage your transactions and products all in one place.
- Prefer to stick with a different payment processor? You can also choose to process transactions through PayPal, Square or Stripe.
Actions to take:
- Set up GoDaddy Payments. Enable GoDaddy Payments to securely process transactions online, in-person or over the phone.
- Tour the Payments Hub. Check out the Payments Hub to learn about useful reports and features, like a virtual terminal and sharable Online Pay Links.
- Research POS devices. Learn more about POS devices that are available for in-person sales.
- Purchase a POS device. Optimize in-person sales with a Poynt Smart Terminal or Poynt Card Reader. (Only compatible with GoDaddy Payments.)
- Or, set up a different payment processor. Prefer a different processor? Set up PayPal, Square or Stripe to process customer transactions.