Unlock my domain for transfer
Unlock your domain to prepare for a transfer to a new registrar. Domains aren't eligible for transfer to another registrar if they're within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a customer opted-in to apply a 60-day transfer lock after a Change of Registrant
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you'll be unlocking. Or, click the check mark icon and Select All
- Select Settings > Unlock Domains.
- Check the box next to Yes, I consent to unlock the selected domain(s). then select Continue.
Note: You'll need to verify your identity if you have domain protection on your domain. We'll send a verification code automatically if you've had 2-step verification (2SV) enabled in your account for more than 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password and we'll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
You'll see a Success confirmation once your changes have been accepted. Please allow up to 90 minutes for the unlock to process.
- Once unlocked, you can transfer your domain to another registrar.