Unlock my domain for transfer
Before you transfer your domain to another registrar, you'll need to unlock it. Domains aren't eligible for transfer to another registrar if they're within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a customer opted-in to apply a 60-day transfer lock after a Change of Registrant
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- In your list of domains, locate the column labeled Lock.
Note: Don't see a Lock column? You may need to customize your column display.
- Toggle the icon from On to Off and unlock your domain.
- The Lock column will update to show Off when the domain is unlocked.
Note: Allow up to 1 hour for changes to complete.
- Once unlocked, you can transfer your domain to another registrar.