Unzip files in my Linux Hosting account
Follow these steps to extract a .tar, .gz, or .zip file after uploading it to your Linux Hosting account.
Note: Other compressed formats may not be supported. To check, see the the cPanel documentation.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the upper left corner of the account Dashboard, click File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager, navigate to the directory in which the file is stored.
- Select the file and then click Extract in the action bar.
Note: You can only extract one file at a time.
- (Optional) Enter the location where you want the files extracted. If you enter a new directory, cPanel creates it - otherwise, the file is extracted to the home directory.
- Click Extract File. The file is extracted to the selected destination directory.