Verify WordPress is up-to-date
|Verify WordPress is up-to-date||Make the WordPress version private|
|Block PHP in directories||Remove WordPress readme file|
|Enable DISSALLOW_FILE_EDIT in WordPress|
One of the best ways to ensure you have a secure site is by keeping WordPress up-to-date. The following steps will help you keep your site running the latest version of WordPress.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Sucuri Security > Settings.
- Click on the Hardening tab.
- Find the section labled Verify WordPress Version.
- If the section is red, click on the Apply Hardening button.
If the section turns green, the plugin will now keep your site running the latest version of WordPress. If the section is still red, this feature is not compatible with your hosting as it may already do automatic updates.
- Return to Install and setup Sucuri security plugin in WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.