View your database details for cPanel hosting
After creating your database, you can find its details, including its hostname, in your control panel.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click cPanel Admin.
- In the Databases section, click MySQL Databases.
Your Database names, as well as your Users display.
cPanel hosting accounts host databases on the same server as your website; use the following to connect:
- Applications on your website connect using
localhostas the host name.
- Remote database connections from your computer uses your hosting account's IP address. You will need to enable remote connections inside cPanel to use this feature.
If you cannot log in to your database, reset one of the database's user's passwords by clicking the user's name you want to use, resetting the password, and then clicking Change Password.